Right now, physicians all across the country are doing their part by participating in a National Day of Action to Repeal the SGR and are urging their senators and representatives to enact a permanent solution to the sustainable growth rate (SGR) this year.
As a spine care provider, you understand that the annual threat of deep cuts to reimbursements as a result of the flawed SGR formula jeopardizes the viability of your practice and your ability to continue to provide patient access to high quality specialty services.
That’s why NASS is encouraging ALL spine care providers to join their colleagues in this day of action by contacting your senators and representatives today and ask them to support H.R. 4015 and S. 2000.
- TO SEND A LETTER to your senators and representatives, please CLICK HERE and follow the instructions on the next page.
- TO CALL your senators and representatives, simply pick up the phone and dial 1-866-899-4088. From there, you will receive simple instructions to contact your representatives. NASS members please use 5656 as your access code and then enter your zip code (home or work).
Upon being directed to your representative’s office, tell them:
- As a physician and constituent, I urge you to cosponsor and pass the “SGR Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act” (H.R. 4015/S. 2000).
- If Congress does not act, physicians face a cut of nearly 25%.
- A permanent solution, not another short term fix, is needed.
- Many of your constituents, and my patients, could lose their access to specialty care if this problem is not addressed.
- Congress must act now.
Congress’ repeated failure to fix the flawed Medicare formula for updating physician payments will once again trigger a massive cut in Medicare physician reimbursement. Congress has passed a series of short-term patches over the years that have made the situation worse. Physicians face a nearly 25% cut on April 1st and the time for Congress to act is NOW!